Monday 16 March 2015

Next release tomorrow

Hello everyone! I've got the next version to a state where I think it's ready to be released, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow because it's quite late and I'm a bit too tired to build it without risking making a mistake.
That'll have the first part of the pregnancy updates. You won't be able to see all the new stuff straight away because you still don't have time to get to the late stages of pregnancy, but that'll change before too long.

Goodnight all, and I'll post again tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on passing 200 patrons. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. *~Runs out from the Shadow* WWWWWWWWWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ~and gone again to the dark abyss*
    Love the game concept. Been silently following since your first prototypes. Really looking foward to the new engine/implimentations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, some big updates coming soon. I hope you all enjoy them :)

      Delete
  4. Is the possibility to fill the game illustrations? May add such an option in the Goals on patreon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Newlife isn't well designed for adding graphics. I assume you mean images of the player and/or npcs. The large variety in possible looks & clothing means simple approaches such as use pre-drawn/pre-rendered pictures are unrealistic - for example if you look at the different combinations of clothing aspects there's over 1000 possible dresses that the generation algorithm can create.
      I'm not a graphics programmer, so an advanced system like you see in AAA games such as the Sims or Skyrim is far beyond my abilities. Unless someone comes up with an open-source package that produces quality images in game, supports the variety of characters & clothing in Newlife and can be used by someone without much relevant training then it's unlikely I'll be able to add images of the player-character.

      If people do know of such a package then let me know and I'll take a look, but I rather doubt there's anything suitable out there.

      Delete